Nancy Barcal CCC-SLP
Nancy Barcal is a speech-languagge pathologist and the director of Granite Bay Speech. She has over 25 years experience treating individuals with speech, language, and learning difficulties. Prior to arriving in California, she worked in schools and hospitals in Illinois, including the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago.
She established the Bay Area Speech Language and Learning Clinic in Fremont, California in 1983 and expanded services to Danville, California in 1985. After moving to the Sacramento area, she established Granite Bay Speech and currently offers evaluation, consultation, and therapy for adults and children.
Experience and Qualifications
- Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist in California since 1981
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) by the American Speech Language and Hearing Association
- Member of American Speech Language Hearing Association specialty divisions for Fluency and Voice
- Past editor of the California Speech-Language Pathologist in Private Practice (CALSPAPP) newsletter
- Presented her research at the American Speech Language Hearing Association Convention
- Certified SpeechEasy® Preferred Provider
- Conference presenter for Attention Deficit Disorders (CHADD), Tri-Cities Children Center, Agency for Infant Development, Fremont School District, Ohlone College, Mills College, California State University – Hayward
- Provided medical staff education for numerous San Francisco Bay Area hospitals and home health agencies
- Guest presenter for KNBR radio and Fremont cable TV
- Contributing health columnist for Granite Bay View magazine
Since 1981, Nancy has worked as a licensed speech-language pathologist in California. She has experience as a therapist and home school educator treating language, communication, and learning disabilities. Nancy’s passion is helping individuals of all ages find their hidden learning potential in all areas of communication.